Position Type: Permanent
Compensation: Commensurate w/experience
Location: Denver, CO
We are looking for an Operations Engineer to join our Operations Team. They must embrace a highly transparent Devops culture where Operations works closely with all other disciplines in the company and enjoy the fast-paced deployment, monitoring, and management of multiple games in a live-service environment. The Operations Engineer is the “fixer” of the Ops Team and is expected to take on any of the varied tasks that Operations is called upon to perform. The ideal candidate would love gaming and the support of a seamless online experience for players, understand the nuances of hardware operation and optimization, take charge of continuing build automation improvements, and seek out new ways to reduce service downtime.
This position is located at our Denver studio. Must be willing to relocate.
- Build Chef cookbooks for deploying services to cloud environments
- Support server maintenance and deployment.
- Support client maintenance and deployment.
- Configure and maintain automated build processes.
- Create, configure, and maintain virtual instances in a variety of public and private cloud environments.
- Support our internal Openstack cluster and the hardware associated with it.
- Support other internal IT needs
- At least two (2) years working in a System Administrator or Operations role.
- Demonstrated Linux administration skills, including Bash scripting experience.
- Experience with cloud computing environments and/or virtualization, especially Amazon EC2 and Openstack.
- Experience with deployment automation tools, especially Chef.
- Experience with at least one scripting language, especially Ruby.
- Experience with version control systems, especially Subversion and git.
- Experience administrating database systems, especially Postgresql.
- Experience with managed networking systems.
- Experience in Ubuntu/Debian Linux.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with teammates.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Game industry experience.
- Experience with Managing Cisco ASA firewall and VPN
- Experience with Windows and OSX