1/8 Live Balance UpdateJanuary 6, 2021
With Empire of Glass out about a month now, we have been keeping an eye on both the Throne and Expedition formats, and we’re announcing a few nerfs and buffs targeted at improving diversity in Expedition. Additionally, we have a few new cards to add to the Expedition format and the Eternal Draft Pack.
One of Eternal’s newest tribes, Mandrakes, have proven themselves to be a powerful force to be reckoned with. Unfortunately, they’ve also proven to be a bit too resilient to would-be weed-whackers, so we’re reducing the health a bit to make them a bit easier to keep under control.
- Rolant, Iron Tyrant – Now 1/5 (was 2/5)
Since his release in Argent Depths, Rolant has been one of the most powerful draws to Argenport, both in Throne and Expedition. We’re removing a point of strength in an effort to make Rolant a little more manageable before he racks up bonus strength from getting kills.
- Onoris Roa – Now 4TT 5/4 (was 5TT 5/5)
Soldiers have been a bit on the weaker side since Empire of Glass, so we’re making one of their more formidable members a bit easier to get going early.
As always, cards you crafted that are nerfed or side-buffed will have the option of being destroyed for a full shiftstone refund.
We wanted to take the chance to give some additional love to some of the lesser-played tribes from Empire of Glass, as well as to give them some additional ways to specifically interact with opposing sites.
- Laser Blast – Now “One of your units deals its current H in damage to an enemy unit or site.” (was “One of your units deals its current H in damage to an enemy unit.”)
- Reality Warden – Now has Overwhelm (was no battle skills)
- Custom's Officer – Now 4/3 (was 3/3)
- Dichro's Technique – Now “Kill an enemy unit or site with cost 6 or more and give it Voidbound” (was Kill an enemy unit with cost 6 or more and give it Voidbound”)
Draft Pack Shakeup:
We’re also both adding 10 new cards to both the Draft pack and Expedition format. Additionally, we’ll be changing up the weighting of some cards in the Draft pack. As always, complete Draft pack contents can be found here. The new card additions are as follows:
- Phoenix Stone
- Incendiary Slagmite
- Alhed, Mount Breaker
- Moonstone Vanguard
- Deafening Word
- Ironfist Chancellor
- Greed's Reward
- Tainted Mark
- Etchings will no longer allow access to the market without the necessary influence requirements.
- Fixed an issue where The Soaring Serpent achievement was not displaying its name or description properly.
The following units have been updated to incorporate the unit type “Bard” added with Empire of Glass.
- Diogo Málaga, Elonze – Now a Bard Explorer (was an Explorer)
- Diogo Málaga – Now a Bard Explorer (was an Explorer)
- Rujin, Conflict Within – Now an Oni Bard (wan an Oni)
- Navani, Warsinger – Now a Bard Warrior (was a Warrior)
- Frontier Bard – Now an Oni Bard (was an Oni)
- Gaudy Showman – Now an Oni Bard (Was an Oni Rogue)
- Endra, Champion of Shavka – Now a Bard (was a Rogue)
We’ve really enjoyed seeing the big shake-ups that Empire of Glass has brought to both Throne and Expedition, and we’ll be continuing to carefully monitor both formats going forward.