ECQ: Echoes of EternityFebruary 13, 2020
Next weekend the fourth Eternal® Championship Qualifier: Echoes of Eternity will qualify another top player for the Eternal World Championship!
ECQ: Echoes of Eternity will be our first look at how the new set shakes up the Throne format! Join in February 21 – 23, and you’ll also get the new alt-art Teething Whelp and premium card back!
ECQ: Echoes of Eternity consists of two stages: Qualifiers that are open to all players on Steam, iOS, Android, and Xbox, and the Finals that will feature the Top 64 players from the Qualifiers.
Participating in the ECQ requires a registered and validated account and email address. This can be done through the Options menu in-game. We strongly encourage players to register and validate their email addresses in advance of attempting to enter the tournament.
Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need help validating.
- ECQ: Echoes of Eternity will use the Throne format.
- All players on Steam, Xbox, and iOS or Android phones & tablets can participate in ECQ: Echoes of Eternity.
- The Qualifiers begin on Friday, February 21 at 10 am MST (17:00 UTC) and will close sharply on Saturday, January 22 at 4 pm MST (23:00 UTC).
- No one may enter the tournament or start a new game after 16:00 pm MST (23:00 UTC).
- Games in progress may be completed until 4:30 pm MST (23:30 UTC), at which time all scores will become final.
- Players can complete their games at any time during the Qualifiers; there is no benefit or penalty for playing early, late, or throughout.
- Bring your best Throne deck for 28 games, win-or-lose, in a battle to make the Top 64.
- You may only enter once, and you may not switch decks between games.
- The Top 64 players from the Qualifiers will progress forward to the Finals.
- ECQ: Echoes of Eternity costs 1,800 Gems or 35,000 Gold to enter.
- The Finals begin promptly at 11 am MST (18:00 UTC) on Sunday, February 23.
- Qualifying players must be online and ready to play when the Finals begin.
- You will receive an in-game prompt to join your first game when the Finals begin.
- The Finals are open to only the top 64 players from the Qualifiers.
- Finals matches are best-of-3 games, single-elimination, played with the same constructed deck used in the Qualifiers.
- There will be a short delay between the last active game in a round and the start of the next round.
- All games must finish before the next round can start, so watch the Bracket View.
- When it is time to play, you will receive an invitation to join your next game.
All Finalists’ decklists will be published prior to the Finals beginning.
- Prizes will be delivered upon conclusion of the Finals. All packs are from Echoes of Eternity.
- All players will receive four alternate-art copies of Teething Whelp, and a special Teething Whelp premium card back, just for playing!
- All players will receive prizes based upon their number of wins in Qualifiers:
- Additionally, players in the Finals will receive prizes based on Leaderboard standings, as follows:
|1st||$1,000 & 32 Packs|
|2nd||$600 & 25 Packs|
|3rd-4th||$300 & 20 Packs|
|5th-8th||$200 & 16 Packs|
Join us for broadcast coverage of the Finals on Sunday, February 23 at 11 am MST (18:00 UTC), live on Twitch!
Special Twitch Drops will be enabled exclusively on the DWD channel during the broadcast — so if you’re not playing in the Finals, make sure to tune in to claim your share of the loot!
Get ready for the latest set to shake up competitive play in ECQ: Echoes of Eternity!