Eternal: Unleashed – Patch & Live Balance Notes 5/18/22May 18, 2022
Today’s patch addresses a variety of additional bugs present in Unleashed upon release. We are also including one live balance update to the card Dinosaur Nest. You can read patch notes, and a more detailed explanation of the Dinosaur Nest live balance updates below.
- Fixed an issue where Sahin, Stateless did not allow the enemy player to give a relic to avoid the damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Perfect Channeling achievement could not be completed.
- Fixed an issue where General Horgo’s ability did not trigger when he died during combat
- Fixed an issue where Eilyn, Hand of the Tempest and Kaleb, Glory-seeker did not reduce the cost of Enemy of My Enemy
- Fixed an issue where Sundown Accord could create copies of spells that functioned as though they had Destiny
- Fixed an issue where Unleash units could keep the red glow while in play
- Fixed a typo in the name of Bejeweled Knuckles
- Fixed a typo in the name of Hidden Garrote
- Fixed localization issues with various cards and achievements
- Added the Steal hanger to Statuary Maiden since she steals the transformed card
- Resonance Wave doesn’t have Inscribe as it should.
- The Feed the Frenzy achievement cannot be completed.
- Gift of Xulta functions incorrectly when copying Cursed Relics or Relics with passive effects.
- Blackmaw Carnosaur can gain/lose Lifesteal during battle damage.
- Genetrix Irel, Wayward’s stat buff applies before Unleash, unlike similar abilities.
- Halotipped Spray and Cleave don’t remove relic weapon armor before they deal damage.
- Unleashed Reprints aren’t available for random creation/transformation in Draft.
- Collaboration counts only one faction from each multifaction unit
- Sleight of Hand doesn’t transform power cards when triggers resulted from the draw
- Fall of the Spire doesn’t prevent abilities that create-and-play cards
- Draconic Looting can prevent Unleash spells from creating copies
- Stutterstep doesn’t reinstall some abilities when the unit reappears
- Mystical Shackles’ is not properly stopped by Negate and player Aegis
- Premium Riot Detail’s Summon doesn’t function correctly
- Transforming Unleash copies in your hand incorrectly remove the red glow
- Unleash cards keep their red glow if they aren’t discarded at the end of the turn due to Genetrix Irel, Wayward
Dinosaur Nest Live Balance Update
Hello, I’m Patrick Sullivan, one of the designers on Eternal, and what follows is our first live balance change since the release of Unleashed, our most recent expansion. In the early days of Unleashed, we’ve seen a ton of innovation, evolution and adaptation in all three of our major formats, Throne, Expedition and Draft. We also know players are just starting to scratch the surface of all the new cards and mechanics, and that new discoveries could be on the horizon. We’ll be closely monitoring all of those formats, the upcoming Throne Open, as well as player feedback over the coming weeks to determine what (if any) changes to make in our next balance update on May 31st. Until then, we do have one change to announce that will be going into effect today.
Dinosaur Nest – At the start of your turn, play a 1/1 Dinosaur with either Flying, Charge, or Overwhelm at random. (previously was Killer and not Overwhelm)
As Dinosaur Nest appears in the Valley Beyond bundle, players who have purchased since the last change to the card will receive 1,250 gold and owners of the premium bundle will receive 2,500 gold.
This is the second time we’ve taken action on Dinosaur Nest, and while the first change dramatically reduced its power and ubiquity, the card is still a bit stronger than we’d like, in both Expedition and Throne. We believe that Killer as one of the battle skills was the root of a number of power and play pattern issues, and we believe that Overwhelm maintains the spirit of the card while removing a good amount of the frustration and RNG experience of the previous design.
As always, we appreciate your feedback and support as we continue to improve Eternal. If you encounter an issue or need help, please drop us a line at Support@DireWolfDigital.com so we can see what’s up.
If you’re enjoying Eternal, please take a moment to rate & review the game to help spread the word to other players!
Thanks for playing Eternal!