Senior Game Designer
Position Type: Permanent
Compensation: $70,000 and above, commensurate with experience and skill set.
Please note that the following compensation information is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. Actual pay can depend upon various factors, including job-related skills, qualifications, and experience.
Location: Denver, CO
We are looking for an experienced Senior Game Designer who will be primarily responsible for taking original feature designs from concept to completion across a variety of game genres and play platforms.
- Original feature and system design for a variety of game types
- Play test and revise designs based on user testing and feedback
- Create clear and thorough design documents
- Guide and mentor other design team members to develop strong design skills and sensibilities
- Troubleshoot complex problems as they arise and find player-facing solutions to unforeseen game play issues in real time
- Manage positive and creative relationships with external partners
- Find the fun
- Experience on at least two shipped game projects and/or five (5) years relevant design experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with a diverse set of talented team members
- Self-directed, self-motivated skill set with a proven ability to see develop high quality designs that turn into fun features
- Experience with games-as-service development approach
- A passion for all types of gaming
- Experience with free-to-play game feature design
- Experience with and passion for digital board games and card games
- Technical design experience including scripting and data management
- Experience with Unity game engine